UCard Engagement Officer
UCard Engagement Officer
Information Technology Services
Employment Opportunity #027-18.19
UNB, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers of 2018, Fredericton, invites applications for the position of UCard Engagement Officer with Information Technology Services. This is a 1 year term full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the PTSU employee group. Reporting to the Director of ITS Communications & Ancillary Services, the role of the UCard Engagement Officer is to identify opportunities to engage the UNB and STU communities in the use of the UCard (UNB ID Card) by developing and implementing engagement plans to promote the features, benefits and added value of the UCard and then measuring these activities for continued improvements.
- Develop promotional materials and identify engagement activities to enhance performance of the UCard.
- Develop website and social media strategy, including the creation of short videos and images.
- Schedule and deliver presentations to diverse audiences to increase overall awareness and promote the features and value of the UCard to faculty, staff, students, and business partners.
- Plan and participate in targeted outreach events and activities to create awareness and to showcase UCard features and benefits.
- Build positive relationships and work closely with departments, faculties and student groups to identify new opportunities for UCard use.
- Maintain and deliver accurate and up-to-date information to faculty, staff and students via multiple communication channels.
- Collaboratively develop and implement strategies to promote the UCard as the best method to meet a wide range needs at UNB and STU.
- Seek and develop new business partnerships and continue to build existing relationships.
- Collect and analyse data to measure and evaluate performance of plans and activities.
- Use interpersonal skills that contribute to successful personal and team performance.
- Participate in project teams as an effective team member and complete independent projects successfully.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area with a focus in marketing, engagement and promotion; graphic design experience is an asset.
- 2 years working experience in branding, communications, promotion, public relations or community outreach.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with an energetic and outgoing personality.
- Experience using social media platforms for engagement purposes.
- Awareness of privacy laws and practices.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Some travel between campuses (Fredericton and Saint John) is required.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and have hours adjusted for evening and weekend activities.
Closing date for applications, June 26, 2018 4:00pm. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.