Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I, Permanent Full-Time
Radiography, Baie Verte Peninsula Health Centre, Baie Verte
Definition of work:
The Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I performs responsible, technical diagnostic imaging services including producing diagnostic images which are interpreted by physicians and used in medical diagnosis. The successful candidate operates a variety of technical equipment and the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) to manipulate and annotate images. The Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I is responsible for maintenance of equipment, quality control and practicing radiation safety measures.
The successful candidate performs tasks in accordance with provincial standards of practice where applicable, and adheres to the Canadian Association Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.) Code of Ethics. Sharing of standby duty is required. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
* Successful completion of a three year medical radiography technology program approved by Central Health.
* Current and on-going certification with the Canadian Association Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.).
* Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, and to use independent judgment.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team while providing client-centered care.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of work: 70 Hours bi-weekly (shift work/ on call may be required)
Competition No: P-2024000232-BVP
Closing Date: February 28, 2024
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.