Are you ready to turn numbers into a dance party in the finance family? If you have a flair for strategic thinking, a sharp analytical mind, and a deep commitment to internal controls - we want you! Calling all financial wizards who thrive on spreadsheet magic and love the idea of joining a fun, supportive team - your spot awaits!
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Director of Finance. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a regular employment opportunity which can be located at any NBCC location
As part of the Finance and Administration Division, and reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Director of Finance will be an integral member of the Vice President's Finance and Administration Leadership Team as well as the College Leadership Team. This role serves as a strategic advisor to members of the senior executive team and supports the work of NBCC's Board of Governors.
Some of the key responsibilities include,
- Overseeing financial operations of a Crown corporation exceeding CAD $100 million in revenues and expenses annually, managing a team of 25 people, comprising both direct and indirect reports, operating across multiple campuses in New Brunswick.
- Steering a seamless integration of financial planning; policy development and implementation,; internal controls,; accounting, and financial reporting; and transactional services encompassing accounts payable, accounts receivable, procurement, and payroll services into a client-focused approach supporting the daily operations of a growing College.
- Providing oversight for the consultative development of NBCC's annual budget and alignment of that budget with NBCC's strategic plans, priorities, and values.
- Providing oversight for the timely and accurate accounting of the College's financial transactions; ensuring appropriate accounting and other internal controls.
- Preparation of NBCC's quarterly and annual financial statements including analysis of those results against budget and other targets.
- Preparation and support for NBCC's internal and external auditors.
- Being a strong, collaborative leader of a diverse and geographically distributed team, through support for its financial sustainability, strong human resources, ongoing continuous improvement, and risk management as well as the annual development and active monitoring of strategic and operational plans for the team.
- Relevant education and experience (e.g., Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce.
- A professional accounting designation.
- Experience providing strategic and operational financial leadership in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of organization-wide plans.
- Experience facilitating the consultative development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of departmental plans.
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles for not-for-profits as well as applicable legislation, regulation and best practices related to transactions of a large complex organization.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office suite of product, with particular focus on Excel.
- Experience working with enterprise resource planning systems (e.g. ORACLE FUSION, PeopleSoft, etc) would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in post-secondary education, Crown corporations, large not for profits would be considered an asset.
Leadership Capacity & Experience
- A strong background in leadership and management and promoting a positive workplace culture, leading teams of 10+ people.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships and relationships based on transparency, trust and cooperation with which to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams, be organized, meet deadlines, and have strong reasoning, judgement and analytical skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams towards service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a high volume of work and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in communicating complex financial information across multiple levels and audiences, including Board Level.
- Must be a self-starter and a highly collaborative, innovative, forward thinker who brings proven coaching and strategic advisory skills with the ability to mobilize action and engage others.
- Demonstrated focus on results, robust problem-solving skills, and thrives in overcoming challenges.
- Must have a valid Canadian driving license.
The compensation for this role will be determined based on the candidate's experience and educational background.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Why consider NBCC for your next Career Move?
- Become part of a culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- Enjoy comprehensive Total Rewards programming including enrollment in the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan, extensive wellness and wellbeing programs, volunteer leave days
- Many opportunities for both formal and informal professional development and training.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children).
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.