Program Name: Adult Day Program
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Anticipated End Date: 02/01/2025
On Call: NoJob Summary: The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Manager and Supervisor and for providing leadership and coordination of the day-to-day operations within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures, standards and quality management. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures the provision of cost-effective client services and programs.
- Assesses clients for service needs, monitors service delivery and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of the program.
- Develops and implements program plans to meet department needs.
- Manages volunteers and staff within the program, taking the lead in volunteer orientation, training and in-services within the framework of VON Quality Management standards.
- Maintains regular engagement with clients and other health partners to ensure programs meet community needs.
- Functions as a primary support contact between clients, health professionals, community support and internal team members.
- Tracks and reports the result of program plans and team efforts on a timely basis to the relevant supervisor and internal stakeholders.
- Supports financial accountability within assigned programs by maintaining program budgets.
- Creates and prepares financial and statistical trending reports VON and funder obligations and for program analysis.
- Completes Disaster and Emergency Drills according to VON Disaster & Emergency program/policy.
- Plans and participates in multi-disciplinary meetings as required.
- Practices in accordance with the quality and risk management framework of VON Canada and Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Participates in health and safety training including WHMIS and applies this knowledge in the workplace.
- Ensures all workplace incidents are reported in a timely manner in accordance with legislation and VON policies and procedures for workplace injuries and incidents.
- Timely communication and follow up with clients, and community partners/professionals as required.
- Timely communication and follow up with internal staff
- Post Secondary Diploma in Health/Social Science discipline or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education.
- 2-3 years of related experience in community and health-based care.
- 1-2 years of experience in program planning and evaluation is an asset.
- Experience in volunteer administration an asset.
- Experience or understanding of the not-for-profit healthcare environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment with high confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources, as well as a proven ability to build strong relationships within the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in a deadline.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).