Administrative Assistant (clinical)
Customer Support Representative (NBHL)
Full Time Permanent
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT
HOURS OF WORK
Starting 0800hr to 1600hr Monday-Friday. Subject to change due to operational requirements (evenings and weekends).
ANTICIPATED START DATE
As soon as possible
ANTICIPATED END DATE
As per collective agreement
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required
March 7, 2024
NB Health Link (NBHL) leverages technological solutions and innovative clinical delivery models to provide access to primary care services either virtually or in person based on the unique needs of the patients.
Reporting to the Manager, the Customer Support representative is part of the NB Health Link team. The Customer Support Representative is the first point of contact of the Program and support the onboarding and orientation of new and existing patients of the Program. The Customer Support representative can also be in charge of the front desk reception and its tasks in our clinics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The NBHL Customer Support Representative will provide a wide range of administrative support services to the NBHL program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Processes referral requests; enters physicians' orders.
- Schedules and notifies patients and physicians of medical appointments.
- Answers telephone, screens callers for eligibility, identifies problem, makes appropriate decision such as redirecting calls to the triage team; provides necessary follow-up from new and existing Program patients.
- Replies to correspondence; creates, edits, and formats documents such as letters, reports, memos, and all other outgoing documentation from patients and/or other providers.
- Acts as a resource person for clients and employees; oversees and/or coordinates departmental workflow, where required.
- Shows others how to perform tasks or duties as part of the departmental orientation.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Provide general program information and answer questions regarding the program.
- Attend to voice messages.
- Provide patients with information and orientation material by mail or email.
- Manage the call queue with decision support software and in accordance with established policy.
- Practice within the scope, process and policy framework of the program and the role defined for administrative support.
- Other responsibilities as required by the program.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduation plus an administrative support program of over one year and up to two years or equivalent, which includes medical terminology courses.
- Minimum two years related experience working in an office environment, preferably with experience in the health care industry.
- Experience working in a contact center environment and managing shared work queues is an asset.
- Strong computer and telecommunication skills
- Strong computer skills using a variety of Microsoft Office software products as well as the Internet and scheduling software.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced ability to establish rapport through telephone contact.
- Self-motivated team player and able to work independently.
- Excellent typing and proof-reading skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Comfortable working to a schedule with demanding turn-around times.
- Ability to work in a remote working environment.
- Bilingualism is required for this position, speaking and writing.
Please submit your application by sending your resume to [email protected] . Please include in the subject line the competition number, which is found in the job posting.
You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation upon successful receipt of your application. No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.