Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that allows you to combine your passion for learning with the chance to develop your skills and grow your career? Challenge, reward and opportunity; PAL Aerospace is committed to offering them all. If you're interested in working in an environment that values and respects your contribution, then we would like to hear from you.
PAL Aerospace is a leader in international aerospace and defense design, development and operation of airborne surveillance aircraft, heavy maintenance checks and software applications. We provide a wide range of aviation and related services to domestic and international markets. PAL Aerospace is driven by technology and is proud to be a pioneer of industry-leading innovations in special airborne missions.
PAL Aerospace has partnered with SkyAlyne who has been named by Canada as the preferred bidder for the Future Aircrew Training (FAcT) Program which Is our next generation pilot and aircrew training program for the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF).
We are now calling for expressions of interest in anticipation of a Contract Award in 2024. This Program will be a 20+ year contract and will be managed from the National Capital Region (Ottawa), with one of its main operational locations in Winnipeg, MB.
The scope of the FAcT Program contract includes all training and in-service support requirements needed to prepare Pilots, Air Combat Systems Officers, and Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators to meet the future aerospace requirements of the RCAF. In collaboration with the Government of Canada and several major Canadian subcontractors, SkyAlyne will provide live-flying, simulator and classroom-based training, facilities construction and management, information management and information technology support, site support services, aircraft maintenance and much more.
PAL Aerospace is searching for an experienced Project Coordinator to join our Programs team preferably based in our St. John's, and Ottawa offices. As a leading aerospace and defense company, we are committed to excellence in everything we do, and our program development function is no exception. If you're a forward-thinking Project Management professional who thrives on building strong relationships, driving organizational success, and making a meaningful impact, then this opportunity with PAL Aerospace is your chance to be a key player in our journey to redefine excellence in the aerospace industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders for government relations with regards to government funding opportunities.
- Review all government funding documents, reports and correspondence for format, content, grammar, edits, etc.
- Ensuring compliance to government regulations and requirements.
- Planning, scheduling and managing tasks for upcoming and existing projects.
- Assisting with project reporting to senior management.
- Ensuring success of projects through the timely coordination of project events and communications.
- Assisting in monitoring and reporting status of projects and progress against major milestones, and assist with preventative/corrective action to ensure timely delivery.
- Providing the necessary project oversight to ensure all deliverables are well coordinated and completed within the assigned target dates.
- Managing and maintaining project management archived data and reports.
- Effectively communicate analysis, including recommendations to Management, as necessary.
- Producing data to support product and/or business development.
- Acting as a resource for the technical aspects of projects and activities, as requested.
- Coordinate and attend project review meetings.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and proposing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimisation strategies.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Provide project administrative support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree or diploma in Business or a related subject considered an asset.
- Direct work experience in aviation, aerospace, and project management is preferred.
- Project management certification and/or PMP certification is considered an asset.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders of a diverse background.
- Experience with project delivery, execution, and use of project management methods.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Power BI, Sharepoint.
Must comply with all company security and data protection usage, policies and procedures. Personally responsible for adhering to marking and handling requirements for protected and/or classified information and assets, in any forms, as per Government of Canada security requirements. Must maintain confidentiality and not release or divulge any information and or assets for unauthorized purposes under per the Security Information Act, Access to Information Act, Privacy Act or breech of any Government Security Policy or Oath of Secrecy.
- Incumbent must be eligible for Government Personnel Security Clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What PAL Aerospace offers you:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL and interline agreements with other airlines.
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program.
- Opportunities for growth.
- PAL Days between Christmas & New Years.
PAL Aerospace is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank You.