Employment Status: Regular, Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Program: Assisted Living
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Including Weekends
Biweekly Hours: 75
VON Canada is currently hiring compassionate Personal Support Worker (PSW) for our Assisted Living Program!
(Certified Personal Support Worker (PSW) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) or Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III) or Health Care Aide (HCA), Nursing Students, Internationally Trained Nurses are eligible to apply)
The power to change lives!
With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work are different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you've helped someone remain independent, and meet some great people along the way. Our PSWs provide care in client homes and other settings in communities across London Middlesex-Elgin.
**Training will be provided to support advanced skill sets and requirements**
This position is eligible for the $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
About Assisted Living:
The goal of this program is to foster independence to clients at home. Designed for a person who might need help to continue to living independently with a focus on client's with Alzheimer's Disease, dementia or cognitive impairment.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Smartphone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
What you'll be doing:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more!
What we need from you:
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) or Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III) or Health Care Aide (HCA) Certificate
- Internationally educated nurses and Nursing students are eligible to apply
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate or CPR level C Certificate required
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Current Criminal Records Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check is required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.