Carry the legacy of Bell. Be a part of the company helping the world connect better. By choosing Bell Technical Solutions, you will be choosing a career and not just a job. By nurturing talent and providing infinite growth opportunities, Bell Technical Solutions continuously aims to bring about an instrumental change in careers, lives and dreams. Join us today to discover the personal touches behind the infinite web of communications services and let us make it right, make it personal and make it better.
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovative, communications company who is commitment to creating a thriving, prosperous and more connected world? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
Do you like a challenge? We've got a career for you. We're looking for dedicated individuals, with or without experience, to fill the role of Telecommunications Technician. You'll help us support our continued growth and development by installing and repairing residential telephony, Internet and Fibe TV services. Whether you have previous experience in telecommunications or not, we'll give you the training you need to become one of the best.
We invite you to watch our YouTube video, which gives you a detailed presentation of the job : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KFSojLGApkKey Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador for Bell by representing Bell and ensuring that our customers' expectations are met.
- Install and repair services on Bell's fiber optic and copper networks.
- Solve technical problems using your knowledge, tools and equipment provided.
- Assist and collaborate as part of a team and work independently.
- Promote Bell products and services to our customers.
- Comply with current health and safety policies.
- Valid Driver's License: Possess a valid probationary or regular Class 5 driver's license. International driver's license accepted for foreign workers.
- Available 40 hours per week (days, evenings and weekends).
- Ability to adapt to weather conditions to work outdoors year round.
- Physical Abilities: Must be able to move materials weighing up to 70 lb. Training will be provided to demonstrate techniques for moving loads more efficiently and easily.
- Ability to work at heights: Must be able to climb a ladder with a maximum height of 28 feet and be able to support a maximum of 325 lb.
- Customizable group insurance program including life, disability, dental, medical (including telemedicine), travel and more for you and your eligible family members.
- Defined Contribution (DC) Plan: Automatic enrollment after 3 months of service, 3% base company contribution, plus employee matching contribution of up to 5%.
- Discounts and benefits: Enjoy a 35% discount on Bell services and many other discounts and benefits.
- Training and career development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement of up to $1500 per year. After one year of service.
- Regular pay increases: Enjoy a $1 pay increase for every 1040 hours worked, or approximately twice a year. Up to $37.50/hr.
- Training and tools: Fully paid training, protective equipment and a range of clothing for all seasons. Plus, a company-issued cell phone.
Work locations : several locations, to be confirmed with the recruiter.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Please note that the only information related to the Performance Management Process (PMP) that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your current rating (Exceeds, Achieves, etc.). A more detailed copy of your PMP may be requested at a later date.
At Bell Technical Solutions, we do not just accept differences - we celebrate it. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where team members feel valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, contact your recruiter or send us an email at [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Employment Equity team at [email protected].