Social Worker II, Family Care Team, Primary Health Care & Community Nursing Program, Permanent Full-Time, Brookfield/ Centreville FCT - Regional
The philosophy of a Family Care Team (FCT) is to deliver care that is patient-centered, comprehensive, team-based, culturally safe, coordinated, accessible, and focused on quality and safety. This philosophy supports providers and care teams to meet clients where they are using an inter-professional collaborative approach where care is provided in the right place, at the right time, by the right provider in a manner that best suits the client's need. The team will ensure clients are treated with respect, dignity, and compassion, and enable strong and trusting relationships with providers and staff. FCT's will enable the delivery of a range of quality care for clients within their own communities while facilitating interdisciplinary work amongst healthcare providers. The FCT for the Brookfield/ Centreville will include the geographical areas of Brookfield and Centreville.
Definition of work:
This is an advanced professional level position involving a high degree of responsibility, autonomy and independence. The Social Worker II will work collaboratively within the FCT in facilitating intensive case management of individuals accessing services across the continuum of care.
Within policy parameters, the Social Worker II accepts, screens, and actions referrals in relation to individuals who require supportive service. The successful candidate will provide case assessment and planning as well as emergency intervention. The Social Worker II will ensure person and family centered care that wraps available resources around the individual wherever the individual resides. The Social Worker II will establish a preventative, integrated, person and family centered approach driven by individualized assessment of needs and client individual choice to promote aging in place. Work involves carrying an active caseload of clients in receipt of an array of services. Working directly with clients/families/care providers, social workers continually assess and monitor client strengths, resources, needs, and approved services. Adhering to the Adult Protection Act of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Social Worker II accepts and evaluates reports of adult abuse/neglect and conducts investigations when necessary. The successful candidate will adhere to standards for client services in accordance with the Canadian Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics, the Standards of Practice in Social Work, and the Social Workers Act of Newfoundland and Labrador. The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* Undergraduate degree in Social Work.
* Current registration with NLASW.
* Three years current experience (within the last five years) in the community support program.
* Familiarity with the Provincial Home Support Program and the Long Term Care and Community Support Program Adult Needs Assessment.
* Experience in accepting and evaluating Adult Protection Reports.
* Considerable knowledge of the needs, resources and services available to seniors and individuals with disability.
* Demonstrated ability in comprehensive assessment, interviewing and crisis intervention techniques, and social work programming and delivery methods.
* Established analytical capability, as well as, oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Available to participate in an on-call rotation.
* Strong documentation skills.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Zone values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
* A valid Newfoundland and Labrador Class V Driver's License.
* Graduate Degree in Social Work.
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly (shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-42 ($40.34-$47.53)
Competition No.: P-2023000516-FCT
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.