The Medical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for assisting with pre and post analytical tasks and routine technical and laboratory support procedures.
- Graduate of a Medical Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent. Must have successfully challenged the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science Medical Laboratory Assistant exam. An example of an equivalent is a qualified Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
The Medical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for:
- Collecting, receiving and preparing specimens
- Registering patients, entering orders and providing information to patients
- Performing routine maintenance, decontamination, sterilizing and cleaning
- Maintaining inventories
- Providing general reception and messaging/mail services
- Performing general office duties
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
COMPETENCIES IDENTIFIED BY THE CANADIAN SOCIETY FOR MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE 2007
- Fundamental Competencies
- Safe Work Practices
- Communication and Interaction
- Data Entry and Specimen Procurement/Receipt
- Specimen Processing
- Pre-analytic Procedures
- Reagent/Media Preparation
- Quality Assurance
COMPETENCIES IDENTIFIED BY HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK:
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon's Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon's recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon's hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.