Franchise Management Inc. (FMI) is looking to hire an individual who lives by our corporate values of Heart, Integrity and Drive to fill the position of Maintenance Technician. The role of the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing general maintenance and repair for our restaurants. The incumbent completes general carpentry, basic plumbing, HVAC PM, gas and electrical maintenance work as required. The Maintenance Technician also performs basic repairs and maintenance on the mechanical operating systems and equipment found within the restaurants. This is a field position that will require daily commuting to various locations.
● Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment, refrigeration and HVAC systems as needed
● Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance tasks as required
● Perform regular workplace inspections to determine areas that need maintenance or repair
● Ensure that any required maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner
● Prepare and paint interior and exterior surfaces as required
● Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventive maintenance program and departmental procedures
● Troubleshoot, install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment
● Perform basic maintenance and repairs on the various mechanical operating systems found at Franchise Management Inc., including HVAC systems, air conditioning systems, etc.
● Inspect the premises for burnt out light bulbs - ensure these are replaced immediately
● Change HVAC and air conditioning filters as needed
● Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures
● Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
● Oversee outside contractors and HVAC technicians to ensure timely service and performance.
● Must have own vehicle (allowance provided for this)
● Must have basic tools
Work With Us
● You'll surround yourself with a team whose members are committed to being the best at what they do.
● You can enroll in our comprehensive benefits package
● Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities within a positive and inclusive work culture.
● Opportunity to be involved in FMI events that give back to our community.
● Workperks discounts for various venders across Canada and US and Discounts at all our brands.
● Educational assistance plan & Bursary Program.