Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Let's Go Home (LEGHO)
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Anticipated End Date: September 2024
On Call: Yes
The Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Manager(s) and for providing leadership and coordination of the day-to-day operations within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures, standards and quality management.
Working closely with Elgin Community Partners, including local hospitals and Home and Community Care Support Services, to implement and run the Let's Go Home program.
- Ensures the provision of cost-effective client services and programs.
- Assesses clients for service needs, monitors service delivery and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of the program.
- Develops and implements program plans to meet department needs.
- Manages volunteers and staff within the program, taking the lead in volunteer orientation, training and in-services within the framework of VON Quality Management standards.
- Maintains regular engagement with clients and other health partners to ensure programs meet community needs.
- Functions as a primary support contact between clients, health professionals, community support and internal team members.
- Tracks and reports the result of program plans and team efforts on a timely basis to the relevant supervisor and internal stakeholders.
- Supports financial accountability within assigned programs by maintaining program budgets.
- Creates and prepares financial and statistical trending reports VON and funder obligations and for program analysis.
- Completes Disaster and Emergency Drills according to VON Disaster & Emergency program/policy.
- Plans and participates in multi-disciplinary meetings as required.
- Practices in accordance with the quality and risk management framework of VON Canada and Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Participates in health and safety training including WHMIS and applies this knowledge in the workplace.
- Ensures all workplace incidents are reported in a timely manner in accordance with legislation and VON policies and procedures for workplace injuries and incidents.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Timely communication and follow up with clients, and community partners/professionals as required.
- Timely communication and follow up with internal staff
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post Secondary Diploma in Health/Social Science discipline or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education.
- 2-3 years of related experience in community and health-based care.
- 1-2 years of experience in program planning and evaluation is an asset.
- Experience in volunteer administration an asset.
- Experience or understanding of the not-for-profit healthcare environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment with high confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources, as well as a proven ability to build strong relationships within the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in a deadline.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.