Clerk III, Temporary Call-In
Health Information Management, Dr. C. V. Smith Community Health
Centre in Glovertown, Dr. Brian Adams Community Health Centre in Gambo
and Eastport Community Health Centre
Definition of work: This position performs clerical work within the operation of Dr. C. V. Smith Community Health Centre, Dr. Brian Adams Community Health Centre, and Eastport Community Health Centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for general reception and handling of telephone inquiries from patients, booking appointments and referrals to specialists outside the area, maintaining client filing system, typing correspondence, ordering and receiving supplies, opening and sorting mail, assisting physician/nurse practitioner with patient care as requested and performing other related duties as required. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and early Childhood Development.
* Completion of a two-year office administration program approved by Central Health.
* Successful completion of a 60-hour Medical Terminology course.
* Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
* Demonstrated effective communication and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to be able to exercise initiative and good judgment, as well as, the ability to work with the general public and clients with tact and diplomacy.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of work: Call as needed (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-24 ($22.41-$24.69) Non-Union Non-Management
Competition number: P-2022001132-BBH
Competition closing date: Open until filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.