Clinical Physiotherapist II - Regional, Family Care Team, Primary Health Care & Community Nursing Program, Permanent Full-Time, Brookfield/ Centreville FCT
The philosophy of a Family Care Team (FCT) is to deliver care that is patient-centered, comprehensive, team-based, culturally safe, coordinated, accessible, and focused on quality and safety. This philosophy supports providers and care teams to meet clients where they are using an inter-professional collaborative approach where care is provided in the right place, at the right time, by the right provider in a manner that best suits the client's need. The team will ensure clients are treated with respect, dignity, and compassion, and enable strong and trusting relationships with providers and staff. FCT's will enable the delivery of a range of quality care for clients within their own communities while facilitating interdisciplinary work amongst healthcare providers. The FCT for the Brookfield/ Centreville will include the geographical areas of Brookfield and Centreville.
Definition of Work:
This Clinical Physiotherapist II position is a highly independent clinical position with the primary purpose of facilitating optimal physical performance of clients with a wide variety of physical, or environmentally induced impairments utilizing the models of best practice and developed pathways. Proficiency in all practice areas will be required as this is a multifaceted position. In consultation with the primary care team, clinical work involves screening of referrals, client assessment, development of client centered goals and intervention plans, coordination of other services and completion of all required documentation. Travel throughout the region will be required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care; demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement and demonstrate a commitment to safety partnering with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* Graduated from a School of Physiotherapy approved by Central Health.
* Current registration with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Physiotherapists.
* A minimum of 3 years (within the last 5 years) of Physiotherapy.
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge of development and program evaluation.
* Demonstrated research, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* A valid Newfoundland and Labrador Class V Driver's license.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG43 ($41.85-$49.36)
Competition No: P-2023000536-FCT
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.