Registered Midwife, Permanent Full-Time
Families, Children & Population Health, James Paton Regional Memorial Health Centre, Bell Place, Gander
Central Health Zone has introduced its first Midwifery Program in Gander and is currently seeking a Registered Midwife who would like to join our team. We are seeking an individual who is committed to continue building a practice which can deliver comprehensive primary maternity care in collaboration with our health care team. This is an exciting opportunity for both new and experienced midwives. Central Health Zone Midwives are employees of the provincial health authority and report to the Director of Maternal Child and Population Health.
Definition of Work:
Our team of four midwives shares clients and call coverage. The Registered Midwife is an autonomous primary maternity care professional providing comprehensive care to individuals and their newborns during the childbearing period. The Registered Midwife provides complete care during pregnancy, conducts births in the hospital or community setting and continues with postpartum care to individuals and their newborns for at least six weeks after birth.
The Registered Midwife holds admitting and discharge privileges in hospitals and works collaboratively with obstetricians, nurses, family physicians, pediatricians, anesthetists, lactation consultants and other healthcare providers. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* Graduation from a Canadian university midwifery education program or equivalent in accordance with the requirements of the College of Midwives of Newfoundland and Labrador (CMNL) and Newfoundland and Labrador Council of Health Professionals (NLCHP).
* Current registration or eligible for registration with CMNL & NLCHP.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct including a vulnerable sector check from the RCMP or local police authority.
* A valid Newfoundland & Labrador class IV Driver's License and the use of a private vehicle are conditions of employment.
* Prior midwifery experience in Canada.
A $10,000 bursary may be available for this position. Also may be eligible for up to $50,000 in Come Home Incentives. Please contact the People and Culture department at 292-2460 for further information.
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly (flexible work hours and stand-by required)
Salary: CG-44 ($43.36-$51.16) this is a unionized position with an attractive benefits plan including pension and paid leave. Professional liability insurance is paid by the employer and relocation assistance may be available.
Competition No: P-2023000391
Closing Date: Open until filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted