Clerk Typist I, Temporary Call In
Medical Records, Connaigre Peninsula Health Centre, Harbour Breton
Definition of Work:
The Clerk Typist I provides clerical and administrative support to the Connaigre Peninsula Health Centre. The successful candidate is responsible for ongoing maintenance of client records, filing reports and filing and retrieval of client records. Other duties include answering the telephone, responding to routine enquires, scheduling routine appointments, performing medical transcription and other related clerical duties on the direction of on-site manager. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centred care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
* Regularly required to lift/move objects up to 10 lbs. and use a cart to transport objects within the building. Push/pull forces in the sedentary range (0-10lbF).
* Occasionally required to bend/twist, stretch/reach, and/or complete low level postures (kneeling/crouching/stooping)
* Constant sitting is required. Workflow may provide opportunity to occasionally stand and walk to take postural breaks at regular intervals.
* Work Environments present potential for exposure to scented/chemical products and/or other allergens within publicly accessible areas.
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education.
* Successful completion of a two-year program in office administration approved by Central Health.
* Completion of a 60-hour Medical Terminology course.
* A minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work: Call as needed (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-22 ($21.20-$23.25)
Competition No.: P-2022001245-COB
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.