Personal Care Attendant, Temporary Part-Time
Nursing, Carmelite House, Grand Falls-Windsor
Definition of work: Responsibilities include providing care and support in all aspects of daily living to patients and/or residents who may be physically and/or cognitively impaired and who may exhibit challenging behaviours. Duties include, but are not limited to, meeting all aspects of the patient's and/or resident's needs through various activities including providing companionship, escorting residents to outside appointments, providing input to the interdisciplinary team, and other related duties as required. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
* Constantly moves/lifts up to 10-15lbs, regularly moves/lifts up to 50lbs; required to restrain/reposition/move/lift up to, or above, 50lbs with co-worker assistance and repetitively required to complete pushing/pulling with medium force (22-44lbsF).
* Constantly stands/walks. May work in awkward or cramped positions to assist with care. Work repetitively involves reaching/stretching, bending/twisting and repeated bouts of low-level postures such as squatting, crouching or stooping.
* Potential for exposure to blood, bodily fluids and/or other contagion. May be exposed to patients/residents with potential risk for aggressive behavior.
* Work Environments present potential for exposure to scented/chemical products and/or other allergens within publicly accessible areas.
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
* Graduation from a personal care attendant program approved by Central Health.
* Current BLS certification.
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Cevrtificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of work: 35 hours bi-weekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-24 ($22.41-$24.69)
Competition No.: P-2022000919-CML
Closing date: Open until filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.