Medical Records Technician IA, Permanent Full-Time
Health Information Management, James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre, Gander
Definition of Work:
This is a lead technical position responsible for regional release of information through the Central Disclosure Office. The position is critical to organizational compliance with the Personal Health Information Act, as well as several other relevant pieces of legislation. The position is accountable to several established regional work processes in relation to release of personal health information. The incumbent works closely with patients, families, providers, other health care facilities, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, and other external stakeholders with Central Health. The position is responsible to support the Information Governance Principles for Healthcare, specifically accountable and transparent practices, supports integrity and protection of the record, ensures compliance with legislation and Central Health policies. The Lead Hand works closely with other leads within the program to support availability of information to support safe provision of care and quality work processes. This position will be responsible to review charts for completeness as per established protocols and standards and will work within all available clinical information systems. The successful candidate will also assist on other project work related to Health Information Management. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centred care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
* Regularly required to lift/move objects up to 10 lbs. and use a cart to transport objects within the building. Push/pull forces in the sedentary range (0-10lbF).
* Occasionally required to bend/twist, stretch/reach, and/or complete low level postures (kneeling/crouching/stooping).
* Constant sitting is required. Workflow may provide opportunity to occasionally stand and walk to take postural breaks at regular intervals.
* Work Environments present potential for exposure to scented/chemical products and/or other allergens within publicly accessible areas.
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
* Completion of a program in Health Records Administration or Health Information Management approved by Central Health.
* Certified as an Accredited Health Information Management Professional and eligible for membership with the Canadian Health Information Management Association.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the technical functions of health information management, including Registration/Admitting modules in Meditech. CRMS and EMR
* A minimum of two years' experience (within the last five years) as a Medical Record Technician I.
* Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality
* A satisfactory work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly-Shift work may be required
Salary: CG-27 ($24.98-$27.63)
Competition No.: P-2023000228-JPM
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.