Psychiatry, James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre, Gander
Definition of work:
The psychiatrist will report to the Chief of Psychiatry, and as directed, work collaboratively with family physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team. The psychiatrist will work in the capacity of a Rural General Psychiatrist and share work in the region of Central Health with 5-7 peer psychiatrists. This physician will share psychiatric clinic space, located adjacent to Mental Health and Addictions services, in the James Paton Memorial Hospital, with 1-2 other psychiatrists. There are no inpatient acute care psychiatric beds at this facility, so most of the practice will be community based. The psychiatrist will share on call duties for the local emergency department and consultation liaison services for non-psychiatric inpatients. If inpatient psychiatric services are required, the physician will facilitate patient stabilization and transfer to Grand Falls-Windsor, approximately 80 km away. The physician support triage, assessment and management of urgent psychiatric patients including their outpatient follow-up. The successful candidate will be committed to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks, and implementing improvements.
* Eligible for registration and licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador
* Satisfy credentialing requirements of Central Health
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority
* Education: Doctor of Medicine
* Work experience is an asset, but not required
Exceptional Opportunity for Psychiatrist Interested in Rural Practice:
* Central Health has had very successful recruitment, adding three psychiatrists to our department recently; with some impending retirements, we're looking for a few more great colleagues.
* Gander NL (www.gandercanada.com) is a transportation hub which has distinguished itself as charming and friendly - so much that it is featured as the setting of the Broadway musical "Come From Away". www.comefromaway.com
* Work-life Balance is important to us, and our psychiatry department has benefitted from amazing support from primary care, emergency physicians and mental health services. Our small size allows us to innovate, research and lead, particularly in relation to collaborative care and medical education.
Hours of work: 75 hours bi-weekly plus on-call obligations
Salary: $ 263,672 - $285,596 or Fee-For-Service (as per MOA and DOH MCP Billings)
Benefits: Some (not all) expenses related to travel, accommodations, locum licensing fee, meals and malpractice insurance will be paid for by the health authority, as agreed upon by all parties.
Competition number: P-2016000769
Competition closing date: Opened Until Filled
Language of Work: English
Business Address: Central Regional Health Authority, 50 Union Street, Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, A2A 2E1
Contact: [email protected]
Please be advised that Central Health has engaged with CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc., as its exclusive third party recruitment agency. By applying for a position with us, you are agreeing to allow Central Health to release your CV and contact information to CanAm Physician Recruiting as part of the application process.