Cook I, Temporary Call-In
Food and Nutrition Services, James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre, Gander
Definition of Work:
The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of general duty cooking and baking work for residents and staff, as well as, preparation of refreshments between meals in accordance with written and oral instructions. Work may involve acting as a lead worker in preparing, cooking and serving meals. Meals prepared include both regular and special diets. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
* Regularly moves/lifts up to 10-25lbs, occasionally moves/lifts 25-50+lbs. Pushing/Pulling with Light to Medium forces (11-44lbsF) is required.
* Constantly stands/ walks. Work regularly involves reaching/stretching, bending/twisting and bouts of low-level postures (kneeling/crouching/stooping).
* Certain work environments present exposure to loud noises; personal protective equipment is required for specific areas.
* Work Environments present potential for exposure to scented/chemical products and/or other allergens within publicly accessible areas
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
* Completion of a commercial cooking course approved by Central Health.
* Experience as a general duty cook in a large scale commercial or institutional operation.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work: Call as needed (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-25 ($23.31-$25.68)
Competition No.: P-2023000146-JPM
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.