Clerk III, Temporary Call-In
Health Information Management, Dr. C V Smith Community Health Centre, Glovertown
Definition of Work:
The Clerk III performs clerical and administrative work in support of operations and types a variety of letters and other correspondence, maintains appropriate file systems and performs other related duties as required at the Dr. C V Smith Community Health Centre. The successful candidate is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of client records, filing reports, filing and retrieval of client records, as well as administrative duties related to admissions and discharges. The Clerk III provides break relief for registration clerks and undertakes other related clerical duties on the direction of the on-site Manager. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
* Regularly required to lift/move objects up to 10 lbs. and use a cart to transport objects within the building. Push/pull forces in the sedentary range (0-10lbF).
* Occasionally required to bend/twist, stretch/reach, and/or complete low-level postures (kneeling/crouching/stooping)
* Constant sitting is required. Workflow may provide opportunity to occasionally stand and walk to take postural breaks at regular intervals.
* Work Environments present potential for exposure to scented/chemical products and/or other allergens within publicly accessible areas.
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
* Completion of a two-year office administration course approved by Central Health.
* Completion of a 60-hour Medical Terminology course.
* Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
* Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and good judgment as well as the ability to work with the general public and clients with tact and diplomacy.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Meditech software.
Hours of Work: Call in as needed (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-24 ($21.97-$24.21) Non-union, Non-management
Competition No: P-2023000192-DCV
Closing Date: Open until filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.