Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Information Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
The SAP ABAP Developer will design and develop effective business functionalities that respect the current standards and ensure the quality and robustness of the SAP technical solution. They are aware of the evolution of the technologies in place and offer improvement solutions in order to maintain a high standard of efficiency in business processes.
- Experience with business requirements gathering process, technical analysis, solution/design, coding, testing, documentation, and implementation of customizations within the SAP environment
- Performs all work inherent to the analysis (UML, prototyping, program/table breakdowns and high-level estimations), development, testing and implementation of new technical solutions (SAP) or modification of existing solutions.
- Should have extensive experience on project life cycle's phases like requirement specification, analysis, software designing and development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements.
- Collaborates with the Business Analysts to define and clarify user requirements and lead the development of solutions.
- Revises technical specifications and provides SAP technical guidance to the Functional Analysts.
- Collaborates with the Functional Analyst, to develop documentation of unit/functional tests as well as the expected results and participates in the execution of the tests.
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures.
- Lead troubleshooting of incidents or defects that arise in SAP applications and ensure a timely resolution. Ensure that all stakeholders are updated on progress as well.
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing systems.
- Performs production support (follow up and user support) according to a pre-established schedule (day, evening, night and holiday)
- Must have strong hands-on ABAP Development skill and proficient knowledge of the following SAP technologies: Forms (Adobe, SmartForms), Workflow, Enhancements (BADI's, User Exits), Conversions (LSMW, BDC), BAPI's, Function Modules, Interfaces (Web Services, ALE) IDOCs EDI), HR-ABAP, ITS, WebDynpro & Enterprise Portal.
- Strong understanding of the core ABAP skills: RICEF, DDIC, Reports, Screen Programming, OO ABAP and User exits, Interface programs.
- Programming experience in interfaces (Outbound & Inbound) to integrate with 3rd party systems like workday is a must.
- Programming experience in SAP HCM modules - PA, OM, Canada Payroll, Time Management, Benefits, Pensions, ESS, MSS, ECM, LSO.
- Experience in implementation as well support projects.
- Must possess good interpersonal, analytical and technical writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem resolution skills.
- Promotes the goals and values of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and compliant with the VON Safety Management System, including all Policies, Safe Work Practices and Procedures.
- Abides by all VON policies and work practices
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place within their roll
- Works in collaboration with other staff in a team approach to service delivery
- Works independently and collaboratively with IS team, BPOs, cross-functional team members in order to identify business requirements, suitability of application solutions, and change management processes needed to achieve goals.
- Works with users/clients, vendors, outsourced support, and colleagues to identify opportunities for application of existing technological solutions to current issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of SAP ABAP experience including expertise of SAP HR and FI modules and functions.
- Excellent knowledge of the SAP environment and related modules.
- The ability to work independently as well as within the team.
- Customer oriented with an understanding of the needs of the business.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experienced professional who enjoys the challenges of transformation and technology integration.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, deliverables, and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Fast and sustained learning.
- Problem solver.
- Flexibility in managing day-to-day operations.
- Ability to articulate and present different points of view on various technologies.
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Police check, etc.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.