Requisition Details:Employment Status: Permanent, Part-Time (FTE negotiable)Program Name: Visiting Nursing - Pediatric Overnight RespitesNumber of Hours Bi-Weekly: to be determined based on FTEWork Schedule: Weekends; shift to commence at midnight. - 7 AMUnion/Bargaining Unit: NSNU
On Call: No
Area of Work: East Hants and Colchester County
Portability of Seniority as per NSNU Agreement
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
Our Nurses work 1:1 with pediatric clients gaining valuable experience in the home care setting with children that have unique medical needs. You will be responsible for the total care during your shift including assessments, medications, treatments, therapies, g-tube feedings, tracheotomy care, respiratory treatments, and other assistance depending on the needs of the child.
What we need from you:
- Must be Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the province of practice
- Experience in community health is an asset
- Pediatric experience is an asset
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Comprehensive orientation program
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Portability of Seniority as per NSNU Agreement
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.