The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes.
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Supervisor to join a new team in the construction of small footprint homes in cluster communities. Reporting to the Project Manager you will work as part of a two-person team and be responsible for the construction and completion of small footprint stick homes, along with installation and carpentry of modular home finishing components.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining a safe workplace for all employees
- Provide motivation, support, and guidance to production and construction employees.
- Following instructions from company provided training manuals/images/videos.
- Maintaining organization of tools and materials to optimize workflow.
- Keeping worksites clean to minimize hazards and disruptions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues that may arise during construction, promptly addressing potential setbacks.
- Ensuring compliance with local building codes and regulations.
- Training and mentoring new employees.
- Continuously striving to reduce expenses and increase productivity in all operations.
- Effectively communicating with employees, peers, and senior managers
- Establishing workflows and standard operating procedures that improve efficiency, safety, or quality.
- Participating in safety tool-box meetings and progress updates on project status.
The successful candidate(s) will meet the following qualifications:
- Previous supervisory experience in construction or carpentry.
- Valid driver's license
- Strong safety awareness.
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and sequence of steps
- Project management skills
- Bilingual: English/Ukrainian considered an asset
- Moderate physical strength and stamina, with the ability to perform demanding physical tasks.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.