Casual Security Guard
La Cité collégiale
Casual - Various (Mornings preferred)
- Patrol assigned area as assigned to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Ensure students, staff and visitors adhere to La Cité policy, directives, and regulations
- Monitor activities and respond to incidents such as criminal activity
- Assist with investigations by gathering information, photo and video documentation, and complete a comprehensive written incident report
- Respond and liaise with emergency responders when attending to emergency situations such as fire, evacuations, bomb threats and critical violent acts and lockdown
- Respond and liaise with emergency medical services for major and minor medical emergencies
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing directions on college campus
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Remain calm and effectively perform during emergencies.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper written records
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, college regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Fully bilingual (English/French) is required
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
- Police Foundations Diploma is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act as well as section 494 of the Criminal Code is required
- Must be 18 years old and meet all other minimum requirements
- Must possess a valid Security Guard License in Ontario.
- A full driver's license (G License) is preferred.
- Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C with AED training would be considered a definite asset
- Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
- Previous campus and other related security experience would be considered a definite asset
- Must be able to provide certifications in Use of Force (UoF) and Management of Aggressive Behaviour (MOAB)
- Applicants lacking these certifications can opt into Paladin's UoF/MOAB training program prior to their onboarding training to ensure they meet the requirements of the position
- Please be aware: The UoF/MOAB training is not paid as it is a pre-requisite, however Paladin will cover all of the costs of the training with a 6 month commitment to the position/availability
Why choose Paladin?
- Extensive paid industry leading training
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Unionized benefits (including Education Allowance & Pension Plan)
- Free Uniforms
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Security license reimbursement
- Dry cleaning & hemming/tailoring allowance
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Additional perks!
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Work at La Cité collégiale (801 Aviation Pkwy)! Solidly situated in the National Capital Region and Eastern Ontario for 25 years, La Cité is the largest French-language college of applied arts and technology in Ontario. Offering a total of 180 post-secondary programs and placing student success at the top of its list of priorities, La Cité has, in addition to its main campus in Ottawa, a satellite campus in Hawkesbury, a business office in Toronto, not to mention its Center des métiers Minto - campus Alphonse-Desjardins in Orléans, a Skilled Trades Institute equipped with state-of-the-art facilities.
Year after year, La Cité stands out when it publishes the Performance Indicators of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities of Ontario. Aiming to assess the quality of training offered by the province's 24 colleges of applied arts and technology, these indicators allow La Cité to distinguish itself in terms of the relevance of its study programs, the quality of its learning experiences, the general quality of its services, the employment rate of graduates, the satisfaction rate of students and graduates, as well as the satisfaction rate of employers with these same graduates .
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.