Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
The Transport Planning team is responsible for design and certification of the core transport network and components that provide the backbone for all Eastlink Services. Transport planning includes life cycle management, standardizations of hardware and software, analysis of global trends and improvements/changes in photonics and providing rolling 5-year road map of plan and budget.
This is an entry level position in the Transport Engineering group to assist other planners and project managers with preparing project plans, tracking inventory and cost of projects. Tracking operational and capital expenditures to budget forecast
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with other departments, including opening/tracking tickets in the appropriate queues
- Maintain inventory of cross connects and equipment
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of network documentation
- Help with the creation of work plans for installations
- Assist with the creation of planned work activity
- Work with change control and identifying services
- Track and code invoices to monthly budgets
- Oversee shipping and receiving of network equipment for projects at remote locations
- Request equipment from inventory as required for projects
- Diploma or Technical Certification in Engineering or Project Management
- 6 months to 2 years of experience in a coordinator or project management role
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Experience with inventory tracking and invoicing
- The ability to communicate with stakeholders in a professional manner
- Knowledge of network planning is an asset
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!