Employment Status: Regular, Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Richmond Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 80
Work Schedule: Days, with an evening & weekend rotation
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
On Call: No
Area of work: Richmond County
The power to change lives!
With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work are different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you've helped someone remain independent, and meet some great people along the way. Our CCAs provide care in client homes and other settings in communities across Nova Scotia.
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
What you'll be doing:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- …and much more
What we need from you:
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification (CCA)
- PSW, HSW, etc. certification from another province or other relevant certification or work experience (who are enrolled in or are eligible to enroll in the Nova Scotia CCA Recognizing Prior Learning (RPL) Program)
- Students in nursing, CCA programs and internationally educated nurses will also be considered
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check are required, a Vulnerable Sector Search may also be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.