Are you a new graduate, retired nurse, or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
If you are a Nurse who prides yourself on empathy, adaptability, and excellent judgment and who enjoys working with children and/or adults, this position is the ideal fit for you!
Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centered health care in homes, community settings, and clinics. Come work with us - it's a job that matters!
Join us in community nursing you'll get to:
- Work to the full scope of practice
- Make an impact in your community by supporting clients in their home
- Use independent judgment to make decisions about your client's care
- Support children to continue their education in school
- Work with amazing co-workers and leaders who care about your well-being and safety
- Have a workplace culture of comfort, connection, and belonging
- Embrace flexibility to promote work-life balance
- Access VON supports through learning opportunities, Employee Access Program access, wellness benefits, and workplace respect…VON cares!
Our Visiting Nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counseling to individuals and families, and much more.
Our Shift Nurses provide extended hours of care to clients in their homes and children in schools, who are medically fragile and have complex needs that may require respiratory support and or palliative care nursing.
Various schedules are available for Days, Evenings, Nights, and/or Weekends. Clinical Support is available 24/7 for all team members.
The Registered Practical Nurse ensures care is provided within the framework of quality and risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON and the relevant provincial regulatory body. The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for safe and appropriate teaching, assignment, and delegation of tasks to different categories of workers.
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) and an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Smartphone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
What we need from you:
- Must be Licensed as a Registered Practical Nurse in the province of practice
- Experience in community health is an asset
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle are required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- On-call shifts may be required
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a difference.
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: Registered Practical Nurse, RPN, nurse, RPN nurse, nursing, practical nurse, clinic nurse, and school nurse.