DIRECTOR OF HEALTH CARE SERVICES
Competition Number: 23 05 04
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: St. John's, NL
Closing Date: May 31, 2023
Salary Scale: $90,542 - $117,704 (Classification currently under review)
At WorkplaceNL, we work with employers, workers, health care providers, stakeholders, and our community partners to provide occupational health and safety education and help prevent workplace injuries and illnesses in Newfoundland and Labrador. We also provide compensation and support to injured workers and their employers during recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work.
We are currently looking for a skilled director to lead our Health Care Services Department. Reporting to the Vice President - Prevention and Workplace Services, this role will guide the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies, policies, objectives, and performance metrics to ensure injured workers are provided with quality health care services that promote recovery and safe return to work.
More about the role
Some key responsibilities of the Director of Health Care Services include:
- Leading the development of health care supports and advisory services, including strategies, initiatives and medical programs that deliver best practices in the area of work-related injuries and illnesses in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Developing and reviewing health care policy, to create, inform, and provide advice and evidence that support recovery from injury and return to work.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department in accordance with the applicable legislation, regulations, policies, procedures and corporate strategies and plans, including the recruitment, retention and support of employees and highly qualified health care providers to meet the needs of the organization.
- Engaging in effective negotiations and relationships with the province's professional health care bodies, to support recovery from injury and return to work through health care supports.
- Evaluating health care service delivery processes, with a focus on improving efficiency and generating value-added activities, which includes monitoring emerging trends in rehabilitation services, to enhance the organization's overall service delivery model.
- Building strong working relationships with our Allied Health providers to critically measure and evaluate our medical programs and services provided by these groups, to support continual improvement of our service offerings.
- Overseeing WorkplaceNL's Prescription Drug Program, including working with medical consultants to stay abreast of trends and identifying efficiencies and opportunities to deliver best practices in delivery of coverage associated with the drug program.
- A university degree in a health care-related field, business or public administration, commerce, social science or a similar discipline, preferably at the master's level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of experience in a senior leadership, management capacity to effectively work in a team environment.
- Experience leading and implementing the delivery of health care or similar programs and services.
- Strong knowledge of occupational medicine and preventing disability in the workplace.
- Strong communication skills and abilities - both oral and written.
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships throughout the organization and with an array of medical and other health care professionals.
- Experience implementing key performance indicators, and using evidence to inform change in the health care sector, or a similar sector or industry.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, change management and improving evidence-based outcomes.
Why work with us
We offer a comprehensive rewards package that includes competitive compensation, group health, dental and vision benefits, as well as a generous paid leave program and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan.
Our team members can also take advantage of flexible work arrangements, including a hybrid work-from home model; opportunities for training, growth and career advancement, in a safe and welcoming environment.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one document (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) to [email protected], quoting the competition number in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.