BARGAINING UNIT: Physician
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Anatomical pathologist
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Based on the agreement set by the department/service head;
Evening and weekend on-call coverage shared among department members.
Vitalité Health Network, located in New Brunswick, is seeking a full-time anatomical pathologist. The successful candidate will provide anatomical pathology services. The candidate will have to participate in teaching medical students and residents.
The position involves professional medical work performed by licensed specialists (holding specialist licensure recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick). A licensed specialist enjoys great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. Their clinical work and performance may be monitored and evaluated by the department/division/service and/or clinical program of the physician associated to them. The work may also be monitored by the local and/or regional Chief of Staff and the Medical Director for the zone within the regional health authority (RHA). The physician abides by the by-laws and policies of the RHA.
- Licensure from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) in anatomical pathology or recognizex equivalence;
- Graduate from a recognized Medical school and graduate studies supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization;
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Experience in anatomical pathology and managing a laboratory;
- Experience with oncology biomarkers (e.g. PD-L1, MMR) to develop a regional service offer, in collaboration with the Molecular Genetics Department, which handles NGS;
- Experience with digital pathology to integrate image analysis / artificial intelligence to the interpretation of oncology biomarkers and participate in the transition toward digital reading of all pathology cases treated within Vitalité Health Network;
- Participate in the university mission of the Dr.-Georges-L.-Dumont UHC (research and teaching) in collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine of the Université de Moncton;
- Take part in the reading of pathology cases from Vitalité Health Network;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Knowledge of spoken and written English and French is required, at a minimum intermediate level according to CLB criteria (commitment to meet this requirement within 2 years of hiring may be considered).
- La rémunération de ce poste est à salaire.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about the community, please visit the city's website;
- For more information about the community, please visit the https://www.moncton.ca/ website.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.