Founded in 1985, Cooke Aquaculture Inc. has grown from a small family business to the world's largest independent, fully-integrated producer of Atlantic salmon and related products. The company remains family owned and based in Blacks Harbour, NB, with operations throughout Atlantic Canada, Maine, Chile, Spain and Scotland. Cooke Aquaculture is committed to responsible and sustainable seafood production and the delivery of high quality products through a number of brands and sales offices throughout Canada, the US and internationally. The company is also a proud partner and supporter of a variety of community-based organizations and events.
As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible for:
- Providing professional, courteous customer service
- Coordinating, confirming, and dispatching all loads
- Ensuring all pertient system information is entered accurately and in a timely fashion
- Professionally handle issues raised by drivers
- Managing the availability of the drivers and equipment
A successful candidate will:
- Be goal-orientated
- Be self-motivated, flexible and professional
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Possess great communication and computer skills
- Have strong analytical skills with an ability to make service-oriented decisions while still demonstrating cost effectiveness
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in the transportation industry
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and be willing to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- And have a clear result of a pre-employment criminal background check, as per company policy
Salary commensurate with experience which includes a competitive health and dental benefit package.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.