NOTE: Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Center
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Administration
CLASSIFICATION: RNCC - Registered Nurse Class C - (Clinical Resource Nurse)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The clinical resource nurse will participate in the coordination, development, implemention and evaluation of nursing care delivery for a psychiatric clientele, competent and ethical nursing care. The clinical resource nurse acts according to the Vitality Health Network's mission, vision and values, and the recovery principles. He/ she is also responsible for working in partnership with the Employee Training and Development Department.
- Registered with the New Brunswick Nurses Association;
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing;
- Three (3) years experience in Psychiatric Nursing;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Certificate in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (CAN) would be an asset;
- Good ability in the Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook programs;
- Nonviolent Crisis intervention - with advanced physical skill or agree to take a such course;
- Prevention and management of suicidal behaviours in a psychiatric hospital settings program or agree to take a such course;
- Initiative and good judgment;
- Demonstrate commitment and excellent leadership skills;
- Ability to facilitate individual and group meetings;
- Ability to work in stressful situations and set priorities;
- Recognized skills in problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution;
- Teaching skills and the ability to transmit knowledge to others;
- Ability to act as an agent of change;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.