Reporting to the Manager Racing & Broadcast, the successful candidate will be trained to sell Pari-Mutuel tickets for horse racing. This is an entry level casual position in which shifts will be mainly based around the Red Shores Race Calendar.
The Racetrack Pari-Mutual Ticket Seller will be required to work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced, time sensitive environment, while processing cash and paper transactions relying on mental math.
Casual term position from start time to the beginning of February. one - two shifts a week with the exception of training and OHW.
• Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and highest caliber of racing guest experience and respect to Red Shores patrons and co-workers.
• Execution of Pari-mutual wagering transactions; selling of tickets on both live and simulcast tracks, redeem winnings, and cancellations of wagers.
• Knowledge and understanding of track history.
• Knowledge and execution of all marketing promotions, including handling of coupons/vouchers for discounts on behalf of Red Shores.
• Greet patrons and provide assistance as required (inquires, issue tickets, payments etc).
• Trouble shooting equipment issues and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Communicate with Tote regarding ticket or machines issues.
• Adherence to both the department and Internal Controls Manual (ICM).
• Maintain confidentiality of guests.
• Entrusted with company assets for daily operations; required to maintain and balance.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment, following Health & Safety guidelines and identifying and bringing forward unsafe practices and conditions.
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Guest Experience in fast paced environments.
• Harness racing knowledge considered an asset.
• Cash handling experience as well as mental math.
• Ability to foster and engage in a positive work environment.