Requisition ID: 688
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field. But we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are apart of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
To provide cost management and financial accounting support to the Director of Finance for the Aerospace Divisions of IMP Group Limited.
What You Will Do:
- Preparation of the monthly and year-end statements in a time effective and accurate manner.
- Preparation of monthly working papers on selected balance sheet accounts.
- Analysis of overhead costs on a monthly basis and preparation of month end accruals as required.
- Preparation and entry of journal entries.
- Development of Ad Hoc Management reports and support of the informational requirements of Divisional Management.
- Coordination and implementation of the annual Operating Budgets.
- Identification of cost reduction opportunities.
- Analysis and reporting on all elements of Cost Management and financial performance, including preparation of monthly sales and gross profit reports by contract.
- Review of job level costs and sales, including percentage of completion revenue recognition.
- Monthly calculation of actual overhead rates and application of overhead to jobs.
- Identification of areas for which continuous improvement can be made to the operating efficiency of the Cost Accounting system.
- Recommendations for internal control changes to improve controls or efficiency of processes.
- Perform duties as Director of Finance in Director's absence.
- Support the Director of Finance on various projects as required.
What You Will Bring:
- University degree in Business/Accounting
- Professional Accounting designation
- Strong Excel skills
- Good organizational ability
- Ability to manage time deadlines
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasking
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate with senior management.
- Familiarity with JD Edwards software.
- Preference will be provided to candidates with a minimum of five years financial accounting experience. Experience in cost accounting is considered an asset.
- Related industry experience is considered an asset.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Secret Level II Security Clearance through PSPC- Contract Security Program, and Transport Canada RAIC clearance.
What We Will Do For You:
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.