Requisition ID: 599
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field. But we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are apart of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
Reporting to the Vice President & General Manager, the role of the Business Development Lead is to manage business development activities in support of the offerings of the IMP Electronic Systems. This position will also take the lead in preparing proposals, including estimating quote opportunities. In addition, the Business Development Lead will be expected to support other marketing, business development and bidding activities at both IMP ES and other IMP A&D operating units as required.
The Business Development position will report to the IMP Electronic Systems in Hammonds Plains, NS.What You Will Do:
- Business development activities including market research, identification, assessment and tracking of new opportunities, intelligence gathering, competitor analysis, business case development, capture plan development and preparation and execution of Bid/No-bid Reviews;
- Development and regular maintenance of relationships with existing and potential customers;
- Development & maintenance of relationships with key IMP internal stakeholders across all Operating Units;
- Lead quote preparations, including proposal writing and estimating, to ensure all are submitted on time to IMP ES customers/perspective customers.
- Assist in identifying potential, strategic acquisition targets for IMP Aerospace & Defence;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of marketing material (such as advertising, merchandising, etc.) to support business development activities;
- Identification of and attendance at appropriate trade shows and other industry events to support business development activities;
- Where required, provide support to the Operating Units for proposal management, preparation and review;
- Recruitment, and management of additional resources if required and approved to support business development activities
- Assist with continuous improvement of Business Winning processes and tools;
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Science, Engineering or Business andor equivalent military or industry experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with electronics, including wire harness manufacturing
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience in a similar capacity. Combined experience in the two or more of the following area preferred: Business Development, Sales, Contracts, Product Support or Program Management. Experience as a Capture Team Leader is highly desired.
- Excellent Communication skills (Verbal & Written). Superior interpersonal and communication skills at all levels within the organization.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and develop business leads & opportunities.
- Knowledge of government procurement practices and DND programs would be a definite asset.
- International business experience and an entrepreneurial approach would also be considered as assets.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to distill complex problems into cogent recommendations to advise senior leadership.
- Self-motivated, well organized, personable and professional. A high-level individual contributor with strong sales talent. Results-driven, people-oriented style. Strong situational awareness and high level of adaptability.
- In addition, this individual must have a proven ability to build and leverage close working relationships across Divisions and Business Units with stakeholders, peers, partners, as well as direct reports to successfully navigate challenging business decisions.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.