Requisition ID: 655
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field. But we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are apart of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
To manage and monitor the performance of products and services in respect of Aerospace defence contracts and, on a progressive basis, to provide the customer and company with general contractual and financial information and reporting.What You Will Do:
Provide complete contractual and financial administration and management to assigned contracts including ,but not limited, to the following duties :
- Ensure adherence to contractual terms and conditions
- Billing and claim preparation in accordance with the Contract Basis of Payment
- Recognition, analysis, and solution definition for contract administration issues
- Attendance at both Internal and External Contract Progress Review Meetings
- Periodic internal and external reports relating to contract progress
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting financial progress against assigned contracts
- Prepare financial information and price estimates to support contractual negotiation activities undertaken by the Company
- Negotiate contract and changes for terms and conditions, pricing, workscope etc.
- Serve as the focal point for all formal communications between IMP and individual customers
- Write contractual letters and other communications and notices as required
- Support financial forecasting for contract expenditures
- Manage various subcontractor relationships including commercial negotiations, financial planning and ensuring adherence to contractual obligations
- Assist with all export control matters in accordance with the Canadian and US export control legal requirements
- Support day to day operations as required
- Ensure that all records are accurately filed and kept up to date
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Business Administration
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on spreadsheet and word processing experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and finance preferred
- Should exhibit strong organizational and time management abilities
- Above average interpersonal and written communication skills
- Possesses excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Ideally 1-2 years in industry with contract administration emphasis or related field
- Able to work proactively independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Secret Level II Security Clearance through PSPC- Contract Security Program, and Transport Canada RAIC clearance.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.