Requisition ID: 610
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field. But we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are apart of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
The Aviation Technician performs first and second line aircraft maintenance on the Cormorant Helicopter in support of our Canadian Search and Rescue operations. Duties include servicing, inspection, removal, cleaning, repair, installation, adjustment, testing and certification (release) of aircraft mechanical, structural and electrical systems and components and ground support equipment.
The CSH Technician AVN will report to the Main Operating Base in Gander, NL.What You Will Do:
- Ramp duties will include, but not be limited to pre/post flight inspection and support, marshalling, parking, towing, fueling/defueling and installation/removal of required mission equipment and crash and salvage response.
- Perform ground runs of engines and auxiliary power units, where qualified.
- Fly as necessary in support of maintenance, ferry and deployment operations
- Travel and work at other main operating bases, deployments in support of operations at remote sites, mobile repair parties and ferry flights.
- Provide on-job-training to other employees.
- Attend training for trade and personnel development and for qualification/certification purposes.
- Sweep and clean hangar, shop, stores and office areas, remove all debris accumulated by tasks performed and maintain a clean, safe work area.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and directives established by the Company.
- Provide supervision to other employees.
- Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft systems, including, but not limited to, communications, navigation, radar, instruments and power generation and distribution systems. .
- Knowledge of corrosion control techniques.
- Capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as maintenance manuals, work packages, drawings, blueprints and Standard Plant Procedures.
- Capable of performing Non-destructive Inspection.
- Ability to use standard computer programs and such specialized ones as may be necessary in the performances of the duties.
- Have and maintain a current NL Class 5 driver's license. Able to drive vehicles and tow tractors.
- Graduate of a recognized aircraft maintenance course or apprenticeship program.
- Hold a current Aircraft Maintenance Engineers license or be qualified as an aircraft aviation technician within the Canadian Armed Forces or equivalent commercial experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in helicopter maintenance is required
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), and Secret Level II Security Clearance through PSPC- Contract Security Program.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.