Requisition ID: 689
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field. But we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are apart of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
To carry out all required aspects of the procurement function for the acquisition of aerospace supply items. Ensuring value is always maximized. Make sure all supplies and parts are ordered in accordance with specifications as provided by requestor.
- Review customer requests for quote (RFQ) and purchase orders, review quotes from suppliers.
- Research potential suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders for approval or release.
- Monitor and report suppliers' performance.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Review and recommend policies and procedures.
- Receive internal and external training as required.
- Provide oral and written reports and correspondence as required, internal and external.
- Meet industry representatives on behalf of the company.
- Carry out special assignments as required.
- Recommend and implement ways to reduce procurement costs.
- Participate in departmental and program review meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma; no experience necessary.
- Preference given to candidates pursuing the program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC).
- Skill in using computers for spreadsheet analysis and communications; Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Familiarity or experience with aerospace purchasing an asset.
- Respect for accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Secret Level II Security Clearance through PSPC- Contract Security Program, and Transport Canada RAIC clearance.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.