Site: Carlingwood Mall - 2121 Carling Avenue
Status: Full-Time/Part-Time Security Officer
Hours: Monday to Friday - 1300-2100
Sunday to Tuesday - 1400-2200
Thursday & Friday - 0600-1400
Pay Rate: $16.25/hour ($16.75/hour after probation)
- Patrol assigned area on foot or in a motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Ensure staff and visitors adhere to Carlingwood Mall's policy, directives, and regulations
- Monitor activities and respond to incidents
- Assist with investigations by gathering information, photo and video documentation, and complete a comprehensive written incident report
- Respond and liaise with emergency responders when attending to emergency situations
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Remain calm and effectively perform during emergencies.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper written records
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, college regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Experience in the security industry and/or related fields such as policing are an asset
- Fluent in English (Oral and Written)
- A valid Security Guard License in Ontario.
- A full driver's license (G License) for the province of Ontario is considered an asset.
- Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C with AED training
- Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
- Minimum 1 year experience in Security/Loss Prevention in a retail environment
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
Why Choose Paladin
- Extensive Industry Training
- Benefits & Other Perks
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.