At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
Events East Group, is now inviting applications for the position of Accounting Administrator with our Finance team.
Reporting to the Manager Accounting, the Accounting Administrator is responsible for coordinating approvals and classification of accounts payables for Scotiabank Centre events, for processing invoices for ice rentals, for preparing settlements for SBC and non-SBC events, for reconciling selected accounts, and for performing other accounting tasks as assigned. The Accouting Administrator performs general monitoring and support for procurement.
- Skills and abilities required include attention to detail, familiarity with accounting procedures, strong team player, good written and verbal communication skills, demonstrates reasonable problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using accounting software in daily work
- Experience using desktop software to create & update spreadsheets, create emails, and prepare documentation (Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word are preferred)
Education & Experience
- Diploma in accounting or equivalent experience
- 2 years' experience in general accounting
Job Specific / Technical Knowledge
- Responsible for processing all event settlements and ensures payment is processed on a timely basis
- Responsible for obtaining approvals for all event related invoices
- Responsible for processing Souvenir Settlements
- Prepares, coordinates, and posts wire transfers
- Performs various account reconciliations as assigned
- Co-ordinates reports, prepares and processes transactions for Concessions Commissions
- Invoices ice rentals
- Provides support with month end activities and projects including performing additional tasks assigned by Manager and assisting co-workers as necessary
- Performs back-up for Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Performs quarterly cash counts
- General level of procurement monitoring including tracking contract status
- Provides administrative support in the procurement process
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to [email protected] with Accounting Administrator in the subject line or via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com