Inspired by Challenge. Opportunity with Reward. Committed to Community.
These are the pillars on which PAL Aerospace is built. We operate on a foundation of innovation - it's at the core of our business, in everything we do. We've spent forty years building a strong reputation centered around our 'can-do' attitude, creating customized, cutting edge solutions for our clients at home and abroad.
When you think of a Canada-born aviation success story, PAL Aerospace Engineering ranks high on the list. Headquartered in Vaughan, ON, PAL Aerospace Engineering (formerly DECA Aviation) works with internal and external clients to create readymade solutions and turnkey engineering and design that push the boundary of innovation. We're a proud company of the Exchange Income Corporation (TSX:EIF) giving us the opportunity to work with internal clients across Canada, while maintaining a growing portfolio across the globe.
PAL Aerospace is currently seeking qualified applications for Avionics Certification Specialist. This position can be based from any of our PAL office throughout Eastern Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on individual projects or as part of a group in all areas of aircraft modification and repair projects for wide range of aircraft from normal through transport category fixed and rotary wing.
- Mentor other avionics engineers related to design, certification and analysis in the specialty.
- Support in interfacing directly with customers, TCCA/FAA/EASA and subcontractors in support of project requirements
- Perform on-site engineering support at the aircraft as required
- Effectively communicate with on-site installation team during modification
- Participate in and witness Flight/Ground/EMI testing
- Preparation and review of engineering and airworthiness documentation from modification conceptualization to final approval:
- Engineering analysis and reports, primarily in areas of avionics
- Airworthiness approval documentation
- Airworthiness compliance reports
- Technical publications such as maintenance manual supplements, Instructions for continued airworthiness, flight manual supplements, etc.
- Ground and flight test plans, analysis, and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently have or have had one of the following authorities to make finding of compliance to airworthiness design standards (e.g. CARs Part 523, 525, 527 or 529) in the specialty of avionics:
1) Ministerial Delegation appointed under Airworthiness Manual (AWM) Chapter 505 as a Design Approval Representative (DAR) or as a Designated Engineers (DEs) in a Design Approval Organization (DAO) or an Airworthiness Engineering Organization (AEO).
2) Authority to make finding of compliance to the airworthiness regulations (Minister's Delegate) through employment at Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA).
3) Authority to make finding of compliance to the airworthiness regulations (e.g. DAD - Design Authority Delegate) through employment at an aircraft OEM.
4) Designated Engineering Representative (DER) appointed by the FAA as an individual or as part of a company under an Organization Designation Authorization (ODA)
- Experience in a technical role supporting aircraft development and/or modifications related to avionics systems
- Knowledge of airworthiness regulations and standards from Transport Canada, FAA and/or EASA.
- Knowledge and experience in civil avionics and electrical systems is required
- Knowledge and experience with Functional Hazard Assessments, Systems Safety, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Knowledge and experience with environmental qualifications such as DO-160
- Knowledge and experience with EWIS assessments and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Experience in preparation of engineering reports
- Experience with aircraft maintenance procedures such as AMM, WDM, IPC, scheduled maintenance, test procedures, test equipment, safety practices, etc.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and publication skills with strong attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills
What PAL Aerospace offers you:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL and interline agreements with other airlines
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- PAL days
PAL Aerospace is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.