Villa du Repos Inc, a long-term care home with a capacity of 186 residents, is currently accepting applications for the following position
Licensed Practical Nurse
Full time, part time and casual positions available
Nature of the position:
To provide nursing care to residents under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse in accordance with the scope of practice defined by the NBNAIAA.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Assist the resident in his or her need to breathe.
2. Assist the resident in his or her need to eat and drink.
3. Assisting the Resident in his or her need to eliminate
4. Assist the resident in his or her need to move around.
5. Assist the Resident in his or her need to sleep and rest.
6. Assisting the Resident in his or her need to dress and undress.
7. Assist the resident in maintaining body temperature within normal limits.
8. Assist the resident in his or her need to be clean and protect his or her integuments. Administer according to established procedures.
9. Assist the resident in his or her need for security.
10. Assist the resident without his/her need to communicate.
11. Assist the resident in his or her need to act according to his or her beliefs and values.
12. To assist the resident in his or her need to feel useful.
13. Assist the resident in his/her need for recreation and to participate in the activities of the home.
14. Assist the resident in his or her need to learn.
15. To provide palliative care to the resident and support to their loved ones.
Administer post-mortem care according to established procedures.
16. Administer medications as prescribed.
17. Assess, monitor and document the health status and behaviour of residents and report to the Charge Nurse.
18. Participate in various meetings.
19. Ensure adequate documentation according to established procedures.
20. Complete the various control forms at each relay (nursing care recording, monitoring of restraints, etc.).
Additional Duties and/or Responsibilities
1. Ability to operate cleaning and care equipment.
2. Pick up or store items at the warehouse if necessary.
3. Perform the initial clean-up in the event of an incident caused by either a resident or an employee.
4. Participate in meetings and training sessions as directed by the Nurse or Care Manager.
5. Read and follow the home's policies and procedures, various memos and minutes of meetings.
6. Participate in the orientation of new staff as assigned by the nurse and/or care manager.
Note: These are the basic and main duties of the job; related and supplementary duties will be assigned from time to time as may be required for the proper operation of the home.
- Hold a certificate from a recognized practical nursing program;
- Licensed to practice in the Province of New Brunswick;
- Hold a certificate in drug administration;
- Two years recent experience in geriatric care would be an asset;
- 2 years recent experience in geriatric care would be an asset; teaching experience would be an asset;
- Organizational, planning, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Ability to organize, plan, lead and work in a team; Ability to facilitate physical and intellectual abilities to meet the requirements of the position.
- Possess a good work history;
- Demonstrate an interest in professional development;
- Demonstrate autonomy in his/her work.
Proof of complete vaccination against Covid-19, or a valid medical certificate waiving the vaccine is a condition of employment. *A complete vaccination will require a primary series in addition to a booster dose received within the last six months. Proof of exemption from COVID-19 vaccination will only be allowed for medical reasons.
Salary: According to the collective agreement starting at step A $29.04 per hour)
Incentive: The employer will reimburse the cost of the exam and license fees
We thank all applicants for their interest in Villa du Repos. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work With Us
Villa du Repos Inc.
Choose Villa du Repos for your career in the health care field!
If you are looking for a motivating job that gives you a sense of accomplishment while allowing you to work varied hours and enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, then join the dynamic team at Villa du Repos without delay.
A harmonious, modern and enriching work environment.
Villa du Repos has a dynamic and dedicated team working in the following areas:
- Nursing care (nurses and/or nursing assistants, resident attendants, office clerks)
- Food service (cook, handyman, attendants)
- Support service (laundry, housekeeping, maintenance)
- Recreation service
- Administrative Services
Villa du Repos believes in the importance of offering its employees professional development opportunities. To this effect, each employee has the privilege of following a training program to develop his or her skills and improve in the following areas:
- Back in form program
- Health and safety in the workplace
Villa du Repos employees also have the opportunity to participate in various committees such as:
- Health and safety committee
- Worker Patronage
- Fitness column trainer
- Exercise of profession