Site: Milton Disrict Hospital
City: Milton, ON.
Status: Temporary Full-Time
Hours: Rotating Continental (0700-1900/ 1900-0700 hrs.)
Pay Rate: $16.74
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.
- Working on assigned shifts, you will provide proactive and reactive security patrols and response to incidents.
- Display excellent customer service skills and be able to work with people who are under stress or in need of medical assistance.
- In this role, it is essential that you are physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Perform a variety of preventative and reactive duties to include, but not limited to interior and exterior patrols within the hospital as well as exterior of all buildings and areas of the organization.
- Provide Use of Force/Restraint as required and directed under the Mental Health Act
- Provide security escort service to staff and visitors as requested.
- Provide motor vehicle assistance to staff and or visitors as required.
- Accountable for keeping accurate logs and notebook entries of all shift activity and calls for service.
- Accountable to write accurate reports upon investigations or reportable occurrences in timely manner upon completion of occurrence.
- Investigate and follow-up of incidents, report writing, door opening requests, CCTV camera reviews.
- Security Guards shall warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Responsible for all office duties (i.e. ID badges, key distribution, lost and found etc.)
Essential Job Functions:
- Be courteous and cooperative with a high quality of customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with clinical staff, and the general public while conveying professionalism and authority at all times.
- Able to maintain a professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances and people under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Write clear, concise, and legible reports.
- Communicates any concerns/issues with Site Coordinator.
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Degree in Police Foundations, Protection Security and Investigations, Criminology, or Border Services
- Proof of double Covid Vaccination
- Immunization Record (measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and TB skin tests 1 and 2)
- Valid First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our guards; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.