We believe our greatest strength, is our PEOPLE!! This is about you; your attitude, passion, and potential. Your journey starts with us, now. FMI is hiring for a Bilingual IT Support Technician to complement our team.
Franchise Management Inc. (FMI) is looking to hire an individual who lives by our corporate values of Heart, Integrity and Drive to fill the position of IT Support Technician. The role of the IT Support Technician is responsible for resolving technical support issues, software and hardware implementation, and network operation. The role will report to the Manager of IT Operations and work with all members of the Support team as well as other departments within the business.
What you will do:
Working as a member of our Corporate Services IT Operations team, you will provide a full range of IT services to support our operations here in Canada, as well as the United States. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing IT Help Desk support including: Desktop/Laptop, Phone/Voice System, Wireless devices, Printers
- Monitoring the ticketing system to ensure problems and issues are being addressed in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting issues across a number of technology areas including: Windows XP/7/8/10, Linux, and Mac OS environment, Microsoft Office, Enterprise applications, networks, hardware and desktop application issues
- Providing support to employees in Canada, and the US as well as employees working from home or customer sites
- Providing technical helpdesk support for restaurants, above restaurant, and office staff for a wide range of technical issues; including OS, hardware, printers, and POS systems
- Working in a rotating on call environment
What you bring to the role:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an IT Support (Help Desk/Service Desk) operational role
- Above average communication and listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high customer service standards
- Experience working with and leading teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a real passion for technology and a desire to help people
- Degree or College Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem solving skills with exceptional organization skills
- Experience with technical writing for documentation or instruction
- Bilingualism in French and English is required
Who are we?
The Franchise Management Group of Companies (FMI) is one of the largest franchise owner/operators in North America with over 300 locations. We own numerous franchised restaurants operating under the Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell and Panera Bread brands (among others). With over 6,000 employees, FMI is an aggressively growing best-in-class organization, with our Business Support Centre located in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
Heart, we collaborate because success will only happen as a team. The growth of our people is the key to our success. | Integrity, we are true to our word and hold ourselves accountable to any commitment we make. We believe how we get there matters. | Drive, we know that our business is a marathon with no finish line. We pride ourselves in being best in class in all that we do.
Why work for FMI?
- You'll surround yourself with a team whose members are committed to being the best at what they do.
- You'll have a flexible work environment with the ability to work remotely.
- You can enroll in our comprehensive benefits package and RRSP contribution plan.
- You'll enjoy quarterly meals cooked by our Leadership Team, as well as monthly events for all staff!
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities within a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Opportunity to be involved in FMI events that give back to our community.
- Workperks discounts for various venders across Canada and US and discounts at all our brands.
- Educational assistance plan & Bursary Program.
Diversity & Inclusivity:
FMI is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.