Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can be part of building the future in a growing community?
If you are, East Hants is the place to be!
East Hants is a vibrant and fast-growing community with a unique offering of urban and rural living, bordering the Halifax Regional Municipality. The main Municipal office is located at the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre in Elmsdale, NS.
The Municipality of East Hants is an employer of choice offering diverse career growth, modern facilities, a fun and innovative continuous improvement culture, and a Flexible Work policy to promote work-life balance.
We are recruiting for a Revenue Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Revenue Coordinator is responsible for overseeing tax and water billing, accounts receivables, customer service, and reception functions in the Finance Department. This role has three direct reports: Administrative Services Clerk, Utility/Accounts Receivable Clerk, and Tax Administrator.
- Supervision: Coaching, training, and assisting with the setting of key goals and targets for direct reports.
- Billing Administration: Manage tax billing process and provide oversight for water billing process. Provide assistance and back-up for billing related functions in the department.
- Internal Accounting: Assist with budgeting, monthly, and year-end duties relating to billing. Maintenance of databases. Support SAP testing, including annual upgrades.
- Customer Service: Oversee scheduling of front desk coverage and manage general customer service issues. Ensure customers have a positive experience, and make recommendations on process improvements to Manager of Accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce/Business with a specialization in Accounting
- Preference will be given to those who have taken some accounting courses in pursuit of a professional designation
- Two (2) years of experience leading a team of accounting administrative professionals
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience
- Strong technical skills including advanced fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with accounting systems, SAP an asset
Work With Us
For a complete job description and information on how to apply, visit easthants.ca/employment
Salary Range: $59,598 -$74,496 /annually, commensurate with experience
Deadline to apply: March 17, 2023
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or (902) 883-6203