Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
We are currently seeking a Hatchery Manager at our Daniel's Harbour, NL operation to join our team of professionals. As a leader you must be able to exercise the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed and time frames are met. Excellent people management and communication skills are essential to build an effective team and organizational relationships
Primary duties of this role include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the daily operations and production at a RAS hatchery.
- Meeting quality standards for production.
- Foster a culture of safe work and environmental sustainability.
- Experience within a RAS Hatchery.
- Possess strong background in general operation and maintenance of life support equipment.
- Strong background in fish heath and husbandry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a remote location.
- Preference will be given to applicants with related post-secondary education and experience.
Cooke offers full-time year round employment, competitive rates and a competitive benefits package which includes health and dental as well as a company matched pension.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.