Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
VON nurses collaborate in clinics, homes, and community settings, working with community health teams to provide client- centred health care. We have full time and part time opportunities available.
Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. Come work with us - it's a job that matters!
If you asked a VON nurse why they love working here, they would say:
- I get to work to the full scope of my practice
- I use independent judgment to make decisions for my clients
- I get to provide home care to clients who need it
- I love being out and around in my community helping people
- Clients really appreciate the service and care that we provide them
- I am able to ensure my client is comfortable while providing palliative care in their home
- I get to work with amazing co-workers
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home and clinic. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
The Registered Nurse ensures care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON, the relevant provincial regulatory body, and Community Health Nurses of Canada. The Registered Nurse is responsible for safe and appropriate teaching, assignment, and delegation of tasks to different categories of workers.
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) and an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Smartphone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
What we need from you:
- Must be Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the province of practice
- Canadian Nurses Association certification in Community Health Nursing as an asset
- For positions requiring expertise in a specific field of clinical practice, additional degrees or certificates may be required.
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle are required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Clinical practice experience is an asset.
- Experience in community health is an asset.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a difference
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.