NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Stella-Maris-de-Kent Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Activity Worker (3000)
STATUS: Permament full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Carry out social, recreational and educational activities to maintain or promote maximum levels of independence and stimulation among inpatients.
- Secondary school diploma plus successful completion of a program in community integration, gerontology, recreation or social sciences of between six months and one year in length;
- Experience in gerontology, crafts, education, recreation and public relations;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and office automation applications and ability to use them;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.