COMPETITION #: 2022-64774 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Upper River Valley
FACILITY: Hotel-Dieu of St. Joseph
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant (3029)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $24.3929 to $26.1778 per hour
The Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant is responsible for assisting with therapeutic treatment plans and rehabilitation under the supervision of a therapist.
- High school graduation and completion of a rehabilitation program of at least one year duration or equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting a therapist with providing therapy
- Performing established rehabilitation programs and monitoring and reporting on progress
- Preparing and cleaning equipment, supplies and work areas
- Maintaining records and documentation
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment
- Participating with student placements
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 30 , 2022.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-64774 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.