COMPETITION #: 2022-65333 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: 4AS Pediatrics
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $35.34 to $44.77 per hour
To plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the delivery of care for patients and families admitted to the Pediatric inpatient unit. This may involve some outpatient Pediatric diagnostic and treatment care. The incumbent will apply extensive clinical knowledge in Pediatric care while providing clinical and interprofessional leadership consistent with the strategic directions of the Women & Children's Health Program and in accordance with the mission, vision, values and policies of Horizon Health.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- BLS and PALS certified
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing would be an asset
- Progressive nursing experience in which leadership ability and clinical competency in Pediatric care has been well demonstrated.
- Knowledge and experience of chronic disease management in pediatric populations.
- Pediatric critical care experience essential
- Experience working with children and families across the developmental spectrum.
- Demonstrated effective change agent and professional role model.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Visionary, adaptive, and innovative
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with patients and their families, staff, physicians and the general public.
- Demonstrates high regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients and families.
- Must be flexible and adapt easily in a dynamic environment.
- Proof of up- to- date Immunization status
- Demonstrated commitment to the work of the local Pediatric Patient Care Team, as well as other Women's and Children's groups within Horizon Health, resulting in evidence based best practice, quality improvement and the safety of patients and their families.
- Demonstrated computer skills: Allscripts, MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated effective conflict management and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical systems thinking
- Demonstrated results oriented, planning, and implementation strategies
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English
Ensures adherence of policies and standards for the nursing unit:
- Promotes Skyline for policy access
- Ensures any unit manuals are current and changes are communicated to staff
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care
- Supervises nursing care delivery on the unit including competency and patient and family outcomes
- Ensures continuity of effective communication between interdisciplinary team members and between the team and patients/families assess and monitor daily staffing requirements providing feedback to scheduling systems where necessary
- Identifies, develops, implements, and evaluates quality assurance activities
- Ensures Pediatric evidence-based standards are met
- Ensures compilation of statistics and research
- Maintains annual BLS certification, WHMIS completion, PALS certification and all other required e-learning or training options identified as essential for practice
- Addresses staff, patient/family teaching needs
- Promotes a Patient Centered Care environment by ensuring staff utilize all Patient Centered Care standards adopted by Horizon Health Network.
- Ensures implementation of changes associated with Lean Six Sigma projects are maintained for efficiency and cost savings.
Will be cross trained within the Maternal/Child Health program as needed.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 7 , 2022
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-65333 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.